About Izabela's
Skin Treatments
Hair Removal
Tattoo Removal
Vein Removal
Laser Advice
FAQ
How to Find us
Testimonials

Acne and Spot Treatment

Acne vulgaris is a predominantly facial skin condition where spots from 5 to 10mm appear in both males and females from the onset of puberty. In severe cases a permanent crater in the skin may be left after the spot has gone. Even though the propionobacterium acne is implicated in these cases, it is not the causative agent. The cause is hormonal changes at puberty, or in later life through hormone disruptors such as Bisphenol A.

As such there is no permanent treatment only controlling ones. Initially we recommend glycolic acid creams and we currently stock the most powerful cosmetic cream available without a prescription.

Diamond dermabrasion and 50% glycolic acid peels will speed up the results and in 99% of cases the condition is controlled. For the remaining 1% we recommend medical treatment with Roaccutane tablets.

For the deep scars that remain we use the Erbium-yag skin resurfacing laser. A course of six mild treatments will smooth the skin to its pre acne level.

Blackhead Removal

Blackheads have been the scourge of male and female skin and a beauty therapist’s nightmare for decades. Up until now no permanent solution has been found. Blackheads are the result of en enlarged hair follicles or slowly pumping sebaceous gland around the hair follicle, causing the sebum to oxidise on contacting air and changing from a clear liquid to a black solid.

We use a laser to reheat the sebum, liquefying once more and clearing the blocked follicle. Our studies show that the result may become permanent after some sessions. No aftercare is necessary and the frequency of treatments is 2 to 3 months apart.

Skin Resurfacing

We use an erbium-yag laser that will refine the epidermis of the skin to a layer of uniform thickness. It can be used to treat warts, age spots, xanthelasma, acne scars or wrinkles.

The erbium laser is used in a minimally invasive way and a test patch is used to determine skin thickness.

Treatment is then applied so that the area peels for 3 to 5 days after the treatment, but make-up can be used if the face is treated.

A sun cream with zinc oxide is recommended and the treatment can be performed every 8 weeks.